- Our day started with a fabulous read aloud by Mrs. Zandstra. She shared one of her favourite books titled “How Full is Your Bucket?” Students then created their own “buckets” which will be ready for filling tomorrow. Stay tuned for pictures and details. To share this story at home you can watch a reading here via SchoolTube.
- Next the boys and girls pumped up their heart rates up in Phys. Ed. with Mrs. Moulton.
- After break we moved on to science where both grades had the challenge of sorting words into categories. The 2’s learned about movement and opposites while the 3’s broadened their understanding of what a structure is and what materials are used to create structures.
- Then I read students the first few pages of the picture book “I Miss Franklin P. Shuckles” and we talked about the difference between quick and deep thinking connections. This book aligns with our focus on What makes a good friend?. Some students followed this by reading independently while some read aloud to me. Several students were also in the midst of completing the written component of their D.R.A. (Diagnostic Reading Assessment).
- In writing, we reviewed our learning goal and added our first success criterion. See the Learning Goals page for more details. Students were then given time to practice.
- We ended our day with marvelous math. We continued to work on growing patterns and focused on how to communicate our thinking.
How was your Monday?